Collection and Use of Personal Membership Data by the Blue Ridge Hiking Club
The Blue Ridge Hiking Club (BRHC) recognizes the importance of protecting the private information of our members. BRH collects personal information about club members and Leo Club members to facilitate communications with and between our members. This information is used solely to further BRHC’s Purposes including that “to inform members of hiking opportunities, issues of interest to hikers, and to conduct its necessary operational activities including:
- Dues and other billings
- Distribution of the BRHC Newsletter and membership/officer information and updates
- Compilation of membership profiles and trends to support membership growth, extension and retention programs
- Quarterly meeting planning
- Contact information for BRHC Officers, Directors, Board Appointees, and hike/outing leaders.
- Furtherance of Public Relations activities and Cooperative Alliances
- Support of BRHC and other adopted service programs
- Special advertising, non-dues revenue programs or other purposes in accordance with the Purposes and Objects as determined by the Board of Directors
- Disclosure of information as required by law or that is pertinent to judicial or governmental investigations
The Blue Ridge Hiking Club protects personal information by restricting access to such information.
The official directory is not available on the Internet. Individuals, who are granted access to the official directory or any documents that contain personal information of members, may only use the information to further the purposes of BRHC and must agree to delete all such records after use.
You are not required to enter or share any personal information in order to use certain features of our website. The only information you will be required to provide is your email address if you wish to send an email to or communicate with a club officer.
By providing your email address, you are consenting (opting in) to receive information from the Blue Ridge Hiking Club.
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH OUR POLICIES AND PRACTICES, YOU SHOULD NOT USE OUR WEBSITE.
You should also be cautious when posting any personal information on the Internet or sharing email addresses with third parties
If you have any concerns or questions about these policies, please contact a current member of the club board or the webmaster listed at the bottom of BRHC Web Pages.